Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Goodbye Olympus E-M5...

After a short 7 month relationship, I have farewelled my Olympus OM-D. My primary reason is that I could never really get a good connection with the camera. With the Leica X2, it was instant connection. I knew and now am certain, that it really connects with the way that I would like to operate a camera. Another words, it gets out of the way. With the OM-D, it was completely the other way around. I should've loved it, compact size, excellent AF speed and great image quality. But we never became best friends. Well, it is off to a new home, where I hope it will find new loving owner, who will be able to connect and appreciate it more than I could.

The good news is that I now have funds for another camera! The first one that has popped into mind is the Fujifilm X-Pro 1 or X-E1. They both feature very simple dial controls for the essentials, but both still lack an ISO selector. Some of the high ISO images I have seen from either camera is pretty amazing. Just looking at the sample image at ISO 3200 at dpreview.com and it seems to have less noise than the D700! My only fear is the slow AF. But having got used to the X2's slower than DSLR AF, I think that it may not be an issue. But right now, the question is X-Pro 1 or the X-E1....

No comments:

Post a Comment