Saturday, June 16, 2012

From memory to today

Remembering back to the old film days, I tried to remember what was my favourite gear to use. Long trip down memory lane later, I felt that for me, the Mamiya 7 and Contax T3 was a perfect fit for me. One was ultra high quality images using 6x7 film format (the film, or sensor was 56x69mm) and the other was ultra portable and high quality. Both cameras were so simple to use, and devoid of any 'frills'. Just the way I like it. So further to that, I wanted to find an equivalent in this digital era. I came up with the following.

  • Leica X2
  • Leica M9-P or equivalent full frame rangefinder.
  • Leica 21mm f/3.4 Super Elmar
  • Zeiss 35mm f/2.0 Biogon or Leica Summilx f/1.4
  • Leica 75mm f/2.0 Summicron or f/2.5 Summarit



No comments:

Post a Comment