Saturday, July 21, 2012

Full frame mirrorless

There have much speculation of a full frame mirror less system coming. With the Canon mirror less finally been leaked, I think the rounds by the manufacturers are completed. In the past there have been two standout Japanese manufacturers always doing something different; Fujifilm and Ricoh. The Fuji has released X series, very innovative and very different to the mainstream. Ricoh chose the GXR route, with different modules.

At this time, I want to speculate a bit about the GXR future. I think Ricoh will come out with updates to the body and the GXR A12 M module in the following in the next 3 to 6 months.

  • A new body with a build-in EVF. 
  • Updated GXR A12 M-mount module. It will have the same 16 megapixel sensor as their new A16 module. 
And my prediction is that they are working on one, or will work on a full frame M-mount module. But my thoughts are this is maybe one to two years away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment